Jenny Ha · May 1, 2022
So first of all, what are antioxidants? (All these beauty vocabularies, I feel like I am going back to chemistry class...(You are not alone!)
Antioxidants are naturally occuring vitamins and minerals- such as Vitamin A, C, E and green tea that protects your skin from free radicals.
Oh and free radicals (ugh here we go again) are moelcules in the environment that damage your skin by clinging on your collagen and weakens elasticity. For example, it could be UV rays, pollutants, chemicals, smoke etc.
Let's go to the best one out of the all the antioxidants : Vitamin E.
Vitamin E (a.k.a tocopherol) is technically the best for everything and everyone. It's one of those prom King/Queen in school because they do little bit of everything but in very natural way, without irritating anyone.
Let's dig in to it's top 3 benefits! Don't go yet, we are about to go to the best part "BENEFITS"!
Top 3 Benefits of Vitamin E for Your Skin
1. SKIN REPAIR & PROTECTION : Vitamin E has photo-protective purpose that shields from free radicals including UV rays to avoid any damages. It accelerates healing of skin damages from sun or pollutants which contributes to skin-aging.
2. HYDRATION : "unlike most other antioxidant (this is why this guy is so special <3), Vitamin E is also a very hydrating molecule since it works as a both a humectant and an emollient(to trap water in the skin" (Loretta Ciraldo, M.D., a Miami-based board-certified dermatologist)
3. IMPROVES SKIN TEXTURE & SKIN TONE: As it is high on moisture, it smooth your skin and calms the skin. It also improves on dark spots, pigementation and brightens up the whole tone of your skin.
How To Use It?
So now you know all about Vitamin E and antioxidants; the most important question: how can I get that benefits?
Vitamin E can be used for both morning and night. Just to make sure you apply Sunscreen if you are using Vitamin E in the morning.
Best Vitamin E Serum
- High antioxidant ingredients to repair and restore youthful skin.
- Cream + serum texture for better absorption and adherence to the skin
- Multilayers of Hyaluronic Acid to retain moisture level longer and penetrates deeper and faster
- Certified in-vitro test for DPPH Assay antioxidant activity
- Skin irritation test completed : KC Skin Clinical Research Center tested and resulted skin irritation index 0.00
Floral, a hint of vanilla.
Milky and soft. Not too heavy.
Hydrated and nourished. Absorbs right away and doesn't feel sticky.
Gives a healthy dewy look, brightens up the skin tone.
- Key Ingredients -
Vitamin E (Tocopherol) : Protects skin from free radicals and strengthen skin barrier. Also known as to minimize wrinkles and fine lines.
Hydrolyzed Elastin : Retain moisture level and maintain skin ealsticity to help on firming skin. It has a skin booster that stimulates cell growth which when it's used over time, ealstin's renewing effect makes skin smoother and fresher
Triple Hyaluronic Acid: Provides powerful hydration level with 3 different molecule weights which provides maximum below-the-surface hydration. It also helps moisture to penetrate deeper and faster.